“A child needs the most love when they deserve it the least.”
Mrs Yasmin Musa, Pupil Support Manager, is part of SLT and undertakes a Safeguarding role. She works with outside agencies to support families / submitting referrals. Mrs Musa also works with groups of children and providing 1-1.
Mr Shailes Modashia, Mrs Dawn Fearn and Mr Lehri (Mr Ozy) support pupils in EYFS, KS1 and KS2 as learning mentors. Undertaking work with targeted groups of children, providing nurturing groups, they liaise with families, and supporting attendance and punctuality.
Our approach is to work with pupils to identify the cause of any issues / problems and to help them to implement positive strategies to enable the pupil to fulfil their potential in all areas of development.
Pastoral work has a clear, child centred focus and we believe that a holistic approach will make a positive impact.
The team’s main function is to facilitate the removal of barriers to learning. They do this using the following tools;
· One to one intervention sessions.
· Focus group work sessions.
· Parent groups
· Promote attendance / meetings.
· Parent consultations, when issues arise.
· Termly review meetings with teaching staff to monitor pupil progress.
· Home visits for attendance.
· Lunchtime duty. Supporting children with challenging behaviour.
· Manage behaviour / be a visible point of contact both before school and at home time.
Coronavirus - a book for children
A free information book explaining the coronavirus to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler.
DfE COVID-19 guidance for supporting children and young people
Parental guidance to support children and young people's mental health and well being during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Advice to support children struggling with their mental health or anxiety about COVID-19.
Save the Children
6 relaxation activities to do at home with children.